We have one mission when we photograph a wedding: Serve our couples and help create a stress-free, calm wedding experience for them.
As you can imagine, we’ve been to a LOT of weddings, and we’ve been there through beautiful moments and trying times.
- Plan to oversee or do any decorating yourself.
- Drink too much alcohol.
- Forget to eat.
- Feel obligated to anyone or anything
- Do something that isn’t you.
- Worry about the weather.
- Finish any projects.
- Write your vows.
- Go tanning.
- Get a facial/wax.
- Get a haircut.
- Worry about your cell phone.
- Try to control everything.
- Feed off of anyone’s negative energy.
- Wear your shoes for the first time. (Ouch)
Bonus tip: Don’t forget to stop and smell things throughout the day. A few times a day, take a minute and breathe everything in. Find something to smell (your spouse, your flowers, the food, anything) and take in the moment.
“The sense of smell can be extraordinarily evocative, bringing back pictures as sharp as photographs of scenes that had left the conscious mind.” – Thalassa Cruso
Extra bonus tip: Don’t drink a lot the night before your wedding. Alcohol causes your face to swell, and you’ll look more tired and puffy in your wedding photos.